Happy 2018! I love the start of a new year, I always feel inspired and ready to take on the world. Have you written your 2018 New Year’s Resolutions? I know writing resolutions is cliche, and the joke is that no one ever sticks to them, but I find writing them wildly helpful and now that I am using a bullet journal, I really feel like I can stay on track.
My list of resolutions isn’t long, but it is important. There are things that I want to accomplish this year, and I am going to hold myself accountable. Here are my 2018 New Year’s Resolutions:
2018 New Year’s Resolutions
- Finish my novel – I started writing my novel in November during NaNoWriMo, and I am in love with it. This year I am going to make the time to finish it.
- Reach my goal weight – I regained 7 pounds during the holiday season, and I am not sorry, I ate some really delicious cookies 🙂 but this year I am finally going to reach my goal weight of 135 pounds. I am going to revisit my weight loss strategy from 2017, and make it happen!
- Go to Therapy – I’ve been talking about this for a while, and honestly I really need to just make it happen. Eric and I are also talking about couples therapy.
- Travel at least once a month with the family – I travel a lot for work, but not so much with the whole family. We take day trips every other weekend, but we don’t often stay over anywhere. Traveling has always been one of my favorite things to do, and I want to instill that same wanderlust in my children.
- See at least one movie in theaters each month – I love going to the movies! Eric and I bought MoviePasses which means we can essentially see as many movies as we want for free this year. The subscription is $6.95 a month, and if you see just one movie a month, it pays for itself.
- Get out of Debt – The goal is to be entirely out of debt by the end of the year. This is a big one, and it must happen this year. Living in debt is one of the most stressful things in my life. Every day having to worry about finances, and struggling every month, is exhausting. Today we start the countdown to DF Day – Debt Free Day!
- Create my 5 year plan – I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I have a lot of ideas of what I want to do, but I don’t know if I want to do them because it will feed my soul or because it will make me money. Being in business for the money, does not lead to happiness. And I want to spend some real time this year figuring out what to with the rest of my life…or at least for the next five year.
- Give my marriage the love and time it needs – Eric and I struggle to stay in step with each other. There is no doubt that we love each other immensely, but we don’t always show it in the way that we should. This year I will take the time to put the work into our relationship.
- Find ways to give back – Eric and I talk about volunteering, and giving more, but we haven’t done enough of it. This year, I want to make some serious strides and really give back to the community and those in need.
- Live life according to my life tenets for Joy and Happiness – Having my lift tenets written and not following them, is like having a map in a maze and not using it to get out. I have the tools to be happy, and sometimes I just don’t use them. This year is all about joy, happiness, healing, and growth.